Friday, February 6, 2009

little dolly lost

So, what should a mom do when her daughter has lost her favorite doll... the one mommy made for her at christmas... the one that she sleeps with every night... and you know it must be in the house someplace, because you haven't gone anywhere all day... what should a mom do when she has looked in every conceivable hiding place for a doll and all the inconceivable ones too... we're talking sifting through the trash and looking into freezers and under beds... then what? I feel like a terrible mother, like I like should just know where to find it because I am the mom... but I don't... I have exhausted all the possibilities several times over and the doll still has not come forward and admitted to hiding. How could it have even gotten lost in the first place? My immediate thought is to beg the two year old to tell me where she put it and hope that she knows, but she seems as confused by this as I am... and with A away, there is no daddy to help look either. What to do (she said while wringing her hands and tearing her hair)?

1 comment:

Nora Allsup Gardner said...

dolly was found a few hours later, none the worse for wear... she was hiding in the laundry basket, wrapped in a shirt.